BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Bahamas!!

This post has nothing to do with BJJ, but too bad! ;)

It's been too long since we went on a family vacation! My Dad, Step mom, sister, brother-in-law and our little family went on a cruise to the Bahamas. We took the Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Sea. Anyone been on it? We stopped in at Cococay and Nassau and spent the rest of the short trip at sea.

The Bahamas were everything I expected. Beautiful water, white sand (pink sand in parts of Nassau!) and a laid back atmosphere. The cruise boat too was awesome. My favorite thing about the boat was surprisingly not the food (though it was delicious!). My favorite thing was the windowless cabin! lol I haven't slept so good in years!! The first day, I woke up completely disoriented. I thought it was 7:30 in the morning and it was 10 am!

Above all, the greatest thing about the whole vacation was being able to leave all the stress of home life behind and just relax with my family. Noah was amazing. He was so good the whole trip. And it's been a long time since I really got to just play with him without having to interrupt our games to run here or there. I just wanted to hold him and kiss him the whole time. But Dad and Mirjam and Unlce Matt and Auntie Erin were all competing for his time! lol I wish I lived closer to my sister and Matt. My sister and I are so much alike in some ways. But we are opposite enough to balance each other out as well.

I did manage to make it to the gym every day on the trip except the last day. But that's not work for me. It's therapy! It was awesome going on the elliptical while looking out a window at the ocean!

Anyway, it was a great trip. I actually got a little color on my blinding-white legs. Here are a few pictures from the adventure!





















0 comments: