BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 17, 2010

Exercise Balls are Self Aware...and Very Unfriendly!

Since I have missed a lot of class this week due to putting on youth group events, I went out to do some solo barn-jitsu this morning. Captain Fail decided to join me.

I put on some music and was using my exercise ball as a "body" and just moving around on it. I decided to work on some knee on belly transitions. Apparently, my exercise ball was offended by this. I was trying to do that spinny-aroundy thing. You know, the one where they swim the leg that you are posting out with and you turn toward their head. What I am talking about is in this video around the 2:05 mark.



Yeah...I haven't exactly perfected that spinny move yet. And my exercise ball took advantage of that. I spun. It rolled. Balance was lost. Hand was posted. Finger was JAMMED!

Ouch.

This is more what I was going for:


Or this:


But instead, what happened was more like this:



Ok. I didn't get owned as bad as these people did. But my finger still hurts!
Beware the exercise ball! It will fight back when least expect it! ;)

3 comments:

Deborah Clem said...

Nooooo! Jammed fingers are a monumental drag! It's funny how the most minor injuries are sometimes the most frustrating.

I laughed when I read your post, your description of the entire exercise ball scenario was so spot on.

Megan said...

That second vid is what inspired me to get a ball months ago.

They're evil man...evil. Face-meets-floor evil.

Jiujitsunista said...

Bwhahaha!

Micah loved that last video btw. lol


Bremelut is my word verification by the way. I think I am going to use that. lol